Scotiabank, Toronto, Canada
August 2010 to May 2011
- Worked with WebFocus development team to use WebFocus as Data Integration Software from production Data Warehouse to the group’s data mart running on DB2 LUW.
- Setup DB2 Snapshot Collection to analyze the database workload. Identify and resolved the DB2 and AIX bottlenecks to improve the performance of Bank of Nova Scotia Customer report (BNS_CUST) from 150 sec/hit to 8 sec/hit.
- Setup, configured and maintained a new development environment while correcting database structures such as table schemas and tablespaces. Performed an in-depth analysis of WebFocus ACX files to identify the tables that were obsolete. Build the new development database without the obsolete tables.
- Setup Monitoring scripts to produce daily performance report from the data in WebFocus resource analyzer tables and from various database objects.
- Setup CVS server on the AIX database server for code versioning of database structure changes.
- Setup and configured a new production environment similar to the new development environment and migrated the production database over.
- Conducted knowledge sharing sessions.