CN, Montreal, Canada
November 2009 to June 2010
- Built the data repartitioning recipe for CN Business Warehouse upgrade/maintenance project – expanding from 3 to 9 nodes using primarily the SAP DB6CONV utility/procedure. Executed and fine-tuned the recipe in three occasions with large production size data warehouse (2 TB).
- Provided core DBA support during performance testing, identified and fixed configuration issues in a 9-node database environment causing deadlocks.
- Performed a number of SAP System Copies involving DB2 Restores and Roll Forwards. Followed CN standards for setting up and configuring the new database environments.
- Setup new monitoring scripts to capture database snapshots at the database partition level to better tune various database objects.
- Found the root cause for a number of serious performance problems post Data Re-Partitioning using OS monitoring tools such as nmon and DB2 monitoring tools such as db2top. Worked with the vendor (SAP and IBM) to install the patch and validate the resolution.
- Identified the root cause of a sporadic performance issue related to DB2 Auto-Runstats. Worked with the vendor to resolve the issue.
- The migration of production database was delivered on time and on budget.